"Whitefish helped me realize life is not over with my injury."
The Whitefish Veterans Support Team is a donor-based, charitable 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing support and new beginnings for veterans and their spouse/caregivers. We are a small group of Whitefish citizens who are committed to improving the lives of veterans with re-entry into civilian life.
Empower injured veterans, active duty personnel, caregivers and their
families by providing opportunities to build meaningful relationships and
engage them in physical and emotionally challenging activities to advance
their healing, growth and resiliency.
THE PROGRAM GOALS:
- • Engage veterans and caregivers in physically challenging summer and winter retreats in the Flathead Valley.
- • Provide veterans and caregivers with much needed down time and access to fun and appropriate community events.
- • Build meaningful relationships that advance the healing process and encourage veterans to overcome
- challenges of readjustment to civilian life.
- • Raise community support to foster awareness and action to aid veterans in their recovery.